Sunday, October 02, 2005

Case: Opisthotonos


19 yo male presents with neck spasms, back spasms and trismus after ingesting several unknown pills 2 days ago and smoking crack today.
VS: HR 170's, BP: 150/100
PE: Young male in severe distress with neck and back in full extension, unable to relax muscles
ER course: Treated with IV ativan, benadryl and cogentin with full relief of symptoms
What we learned: Opisthotonos has a wide differential, including tetanus, dystonic reaction (from meds like compazine), intracranial hemorrhage, strychnine, meningitis.
-Neil and Alex

1 Comments:

At 9/30/2008 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Craig Hannah and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ativan.

I have taken for 6 years. I am 37 years old. GREAT FOR INSOMNIA......Great for Manic stages of Bi-Polar..It's really is the only drug I can take without any side effects..I cannot even take asprin without feeling it..I have OCD and have severe sensitivity to meds, this one is great.

Side Effects :
None.....Miracle drug...onset of 20/30 minutes, peak of 1 to 3 hrs...it will erase your memory if u take it in large doses...made that mistake once..Been on and off of it since 2001. I don't get addictive to it. I only take .05 2 x a day for controlling High Blood Pressure, Anxiety and IBS..I sometimes can get away with breaking the 0.5mg down into 4 equal doses.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Craig Hannah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home